MediaElch is your Media Manager for handling Movies, TV Shows and Concerts/Music Videos in XBMC.
It is designed to gather information from various movie databases on the internet and store these information directly to XBMCs database or in nfo files. MediaElch is also downloading movie posters, backdrops, fan arts and pictures of the actors as well as trailers.
- Download information from internet databases
- Multiple Scrapers supported
- Edit Movies, TV Shows and Concerts/Music Videos
- Import new movies, tv shows and concerts into your collection
- Manage Movie Sets
- Bulk edit genres and certifications
- Compatible with XBMC
- Can handle NFO (xml) files
- Cross Platform (Mac OS X, Linux, Windows)
- Support for images from fanart.tv
- Integrated trailer downloader
- Integrated TV Themes downloader
- Compatible with “Movie Set Artwork Automator“
- Compatible with “TV Tunes Addon“
- Tagging of music files
- Downloading of subtitles
- Custom Scrapers
Mac OS X
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kvibes/mediaelch sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mediaelch
OpenSuSE 12.1 & 12.2: http://software.opensuse.org/package/MediaElch
Compiling from source
Users of other distributions currently have to compile the source on their own. Download the source code or get it from GitHub and compile:
git clone https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch.git
qmake && make
Some required packages must be installed before compiling. These are the Qt development headers and for sure a compiler. A (not complete) list for Ubuntu is
qt5-default qtmultimedia5-dev qtscript5-dev qt5-qmake libmediainfo-dev zlib1g-dev libzen-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev
Have a look the the Changelog to see changes and bugfixes during releases.
Questions, Bugs & Feature Requests
If you found a bug or wish to see some features just drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit the support webportal at Zendesk: https://kvibes.zendesk.com
MediaElch translation happens on Transifex, feel free to join the translation team: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mediaelch/read more